SCPS: Making A Difference ... one child at a time!
Dear SCPS Families,
We are so excited about the 2022-2023 school year! We extend a warm welcome to our new and returning Social Circle Primary School families! We are ready to continue another year of amazing learning. Our focus will be to make a difference…one child at a time! Teachers will begin each day with an SEL (Social Emotional Learning) lesson. Our mission is to create an excellent and equitable education by accommodating different learning styles, offering remediation and/or enrichment to support each child, and having a strong emphasis on reading and math instruction.
The primary years are an exciting time when children embark upon new adventures in the awesome world of learning. We are so grateful to be a part of these critical years of their education as well as delighted that you are a part of our wonderful learning team. We recognize that a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in providing an excellent and equitable education for your child. As partners, we share the responsibility for our students’ success and want you to know that we will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities. At this young age, our students depend on their parents to help them. We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring he/she does the following:
- Attend school daily (no early checkouts or unnecessary absences, if possible)
- Arrive on time for school (8:00 is late – arrive no earlier than 7:25)
- Eat a healthy breakfast (home/school – arrive no later than 7:35 to eat breakfast)
- Prepare for school (pencils, homework, reading books, etc.)
- Update contact information (as needed) for emergency purposes
- Utilize available school resources - computerized programs: Reading Eggs, Happy Numbers, and visit our Parent Resource Center for instructional materials. Contact our FEC, Yolondias Colquitt, for additional questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Read each night, learn sight words, write in a journal, and study math facts
- Establish a daily routine to check your child’s book bag for any correspondence from the teacher or school
- Get plenty of rest and sleep each night
I am looking forward to an incredible school year! If you ever need my assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me. As we work together as a team, we can make a difference in your child’s education.
P. Darlene Favors